Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Max Function

Assume
Store number in A2:A10
Date in B2:B10
Score in C2:C10

=INDEX(A2:A10,MATCH(MAX(IF((MONTH(B2:B10)=2),C2:C1 0)),C2:C10,0))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"mary" wrote:

I'm tracking stats for stores performances in various departments. Each
criteria has been assigned a value and the Total row sums the total points
for each store. I would like another area/page to show the top store for
each month. I have entered a formula to have it show the max score for each
month but I would like it to show the column heading for the top store
instead, which is the store number. How do I do this?
--
Mary