Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David B David B is offline

Default Vlookup for multiple row data

Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply and excellent suggestion...unfortunately, my
ultimate use for this spreadsheet for for implimentation in a Crystal
Xcelsius dashboard, and Xcelsius will not work with a pivot table (at least
not that I can determine)...

I'm trying to work with some combination of Match and Index
functions..."Offset" is also not compatible with Xcelsius...

"Dave F" wrote:

I would use a pivot table to summarize data by Store #.

For more info on pivot tables, see he

Dave

"David B" wrote:

I need to create a lookup formula that will find all employees for a given
store location. My data is organized as follows:

Store # Employee name
10 Bob
10 Jane
10 Kelly
12 Ted
12 David
12 James
12 Carrie
16 Joe
16 Kristin
16 Al
16 Nick
16 John

The obstacle I've encountered with a VLookup is that if I look for Store
#12, my formula only returns the first employee for store #12. I need to
create a formula that will extract all the employees, then create a new table
with that data.

Help!