Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can't make hyperlink function work for hyperlink to website

try:

=HYPERLINK(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(E2,CHAR(34), ""),CHAR(160),"")))

--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Frank B Denman" wrote:

This has me baffled and I would greatly appreciate some help.

Column E contains URLs, and I'm trying to use the hyperlink function to create
hyperlinks in column F.

For example:

Cell E2 contains the url "http://www.somedomain.com". (My newsreader is
automatically making this a hotlink, but in Excel it is plain text.)

Cell F2 contains the formula "=hyperlink(E2)" and the result looks just like a
good hyperlink. It's blue and underlined. But nothing at all happens when I
click it. Neither a jump nor an error message. Same result if the formula is
"=hyperlink(E2,E2)".

Am I overlooking something really simple?

TIA

Frank

Frank Denman
Denman Systems

[Please delete the "x" from my email address]