John Mansfield

Click once on the series that represents 1995, 1996, 1997, etc. In the
standard toolbar, go to Chart - Source Data - Series Tab. On the bottom
right side of the dialog box, you will see a formula series references that
look similar to this:

=Sheet1!$A$2:$C$2

You need to find the reference that corresponds with the 1995, 1996, 1997,
etc. data. Copy that series into the box that says "Category, (X) axis
labels".

After that, delete the original series reference from the values box. You
will see an "Add" and "Remove" button. Select the series reference and hit
the "Remove" button.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Shadowman13" wrote:

I am trying to create a simple line chart, with the following data:

1995 1996 1997 1998 1999

5471 5620 5826 5920 6059

... but I am unable to generate a chart showing the years (1995, 1996, 1997,
etc.) as labels on the X axis. The chart I end up with interprets the years
as a separate series of data.

Any suggestions?