Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nitsa nitsa is offline

Default Where are the Excel Temporary save files located?

I mistakenly erased an excel file that was located on my c drive and emptied
the recycle bin. I would like to be able to retrieve this file from the temp
directory if possible, or from any other location it is in.
--
dani

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Some are in your windows Temp folder.

But from what I've seen, none of those files would help the user with anything.

There's a temp file that's created when you save a file, too. It's stored in
the same folder as the original file.

There's an autorecovery file (xl2002+) that can be stored in a user selectable
location.

What are you looking for?

nitsa wrote:

Where are the Excel Temporary save files located? I have windowes XP and
Microsoft Office Excel 2003
--
dani

--