Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default Error

Another way:

=IF(COUNT(F43:G43)<0,AVERAGE(F43:G43),"")

Paul, I am fascinated by COUNT() so I try to use COUNT(). If you see a problem, please let me know. Trying to learn here.

Epinn

"Paul B" wrote in message ...
Ken, here is one way,
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(F43:G43)),"",AVERAGE(F43:G43))

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Ken Grady" wrote in message
Hi All,
I have a formula that gives the correct result but has an error in the

cell
before any data has been entered into the other cells.
Formula: =AVERAGE(F43:G43)
Error: #DIV/0!
How can I eliminate this error please.

Thank you for your assistance.