Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hilary from New Zealand Hilary from New Zealand is offline

Default Calculate the difference between ages, show as yy mm

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I have already tried using the DateDiff function, but couldn't get it to
work for me. I think it will also have a problem as it expects the result
always to be positive, and just shows an error if it is negative. I will
have results both positive and negative....

ie. sometimes children have a reading age below their actual age, sometimes
above it...! Results I get when working it out manually range from -60 - +60
months.

I guess it might be possible to use DateDiff embedded in an IF statement to
overcome this? I still can't work out how I can even enter the Reading Age
into a cell though...

Seriously bamboozled! :O) Hilary