Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Apostrophe In Data Downloaded

Insert and run this small macro:

Sub tic_killer()
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If r.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
r.Value = r.Value
End If
Next
End Sub

If you are not familiar with VBA see:

Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Tiziano" wrote:

I am importing into Excel a text file where one particular column has some
records with an apostrophe ("'") in front of them. Not all the records in
that column have the apostrophe in front. The apostrophe acts as a
formatting feature as it actually does not visually appear in the cell.
Only by pressing F2 could one see that the apostrophe is there. (This is
probably a quirk created by the ERP system where I get the data from.)

How can I get rid of the apostrophe? I tried using the LEFT function and
capturing everything starting from the second character, but it does not
work...

Thanks.
--
tb