Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Ranking on several fields

consider sorting rather than ranking
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Michael Chappell" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that currently uses RANK to work out the best
performing salesperson in a team of 12.

Column E ranks column D (sales of product 1)
Column G ranks Column F (sales of product 2)
Column I ranks column H (sales of product 3)
Column K ranks column J (sales of product 4)
Column M ranks Column L (sales of product 5)

In column N I have totalled all the ranking values in E,G,I,K,M. This will
often result in duplicate values, which causes big problems in column O,
which is ranking column N.

I need column O to be able to break the tie when it occurs, firstly using
column D values, but if this still results in a tie, then referring to
column F values (the bigger taking the lead). This should avoid the ties in
column O and would be very rare to still result in a tie.

Any ideas?

Thanks