Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
john the confused john the confused is offline

Default Calculate the difference between ages, show as yy mm

You might be able to use the DATEDIF function.

This is an old function from 2000 that still works but in not on the help
files in 2002 or 2003. I have not used it for a while but have a look at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm. for more information.

--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Hilary from New Zealand" wrote:

Hi, I need to calculate the difference between children's actual age and
their tested reading age.

I have managed to set up a spreadsheet that will work out their age based on
Date of Birth, expressed as custom yy"y" mm"m" e.g. 07y 08m

I now need to be able to type in their tested reading age (e.g. 08y 03m) in
the same format, how do I do this?

And then I need to calculate the difference, (rounded to the nearest 6
months).

Please can someone help me! All the teachers I know will be eternally
grateful!