Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
donnyj donnyj is offline

Default Getting line on line chart to display after creation from Pivot Table

On Jan 15, 5:00 pm, "dcsi_jim" wrote:
I have two columns of values, one with Dates going from 04/31/2004 to
12/31/2006 (one per month), and another column with items per month.

Read another thread which seemed to imply having values stored as
number (instead or in addition to having them as a number for their
format) was important for aline chartto display properly. So, I copy
the number range (for the items per month), paste special, and select
Add. they should be stored as numbers now.

Created a Pivot table under the Data pull-down.

Clicked Chart, and it created a bar chart, which looks good.

Right-clicked, and selectLine chartwith markers displayed for each
data value.

Theproblem: the markers display properly, but NO LINE SHOWS.

My manager said he had thisproblemas of Dec 2006 or so, and could not
figure out why.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

I'm seeing the same symptom, but in a different situation:

When I create a line chart using data in merged cells, the markers
display properly, but NO LINE SHOWS!

If I move the data to cells that have not been merged, the chart
displays properly.

Has anyone seen this and found a solution?

-Donny J