Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is offline

Default Count invoices by day

I have a spreadsheet that I track invoices by day. How do I count the number
of invoices by each day of the month? Some of the invoices have multiple line
items on them so I don't want to count those as individual invoices. I only
want to count the invoices for a day and only count 1 of the multiple line
item invoices. This way it won't count each line item as an invoice for that
day.

Column A has the invoice date and column B has the invoice number. I want to
put this on a different worksheet and summarize it by day. I have a list of
days on my summary worksheet in column A. So basically I'd want to match the
date on my summary worksheet with the invoice date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks