Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Newbeetle Newbeetle is offline

Default Insert my own scroll bars

Hi Kathy,

Not sure if I have what you mean, but say you want a sheet where you can
only scroll to a1-d10,

right mouse the worksheet tab,
Select view code and then type in

'scroll limit on page to A1-D10
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Me.ScrollArea = "A1:d10"
End Sub

When the sheet is run and macros are activated you can only scroll to a1-d10

"Kathy" wrote:

so, lets say I have an area from A1-d10. I merge those cells. Then I insert
a scroll bar and then do properties and type in that range? Is that correct?
How do I test it to see if it works? I am totally new to this.

"Newbeetle" wrote:

Hi do you mean limit to cells that you require, if so, on your worksheet
tab select view code, then on the properties on the left hand side select
scroll area, and input cell range ie, if you wish to be able to scroll to
"A1:J58" the type this into the box!.

"Kathy" wrote:

I am using Excel to create a report and would like to define scroll bar
region. How do I do this?