Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] eastside877@yahoo.com is offline

Default Scatter chart for real-time tracking of a single cell value ?

On Feb 1, 5:57 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
I've used event procedures to update a growing table of numbers, placing the
latest values at the bottom. You could grow this indefinitely, or remove a
row from the top every time you add one at the bottom. Setting this up to
run robustly is a trick; the dynamic charts based on the archived data are
pretty easy to handle.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 1, 1:01 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
You can't get a single point plotted? Or you can't get a chart that shows
the current and recent values of the DDE value?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message

groups.com...

Hi. I use Excel 2003. On a spreadsheet connected to a DDE data feed, I
have a cell containing an integer number that updates and changes
constantly during the day.

I would like to chart the number in that cell in real-time second by
second between certain hours of the day. I have been told that it may
be possible to use a scatter chart to do this but I have not been able
to make it work or to find useful help files. It seems to me that the
problem has to do with charting a single cell rather than a range but
I'm not sure.

Any practical advice or pointer to a "how-to" web site would be very
helpful.

Thanks in advance

Joe- Hide quoted text -

Hi Jon. Actually, the cell contains the sum of several DDE values. I
need a chart that will plot that value every second (or few seconds)
over several minutes or hours on a line chart. So it is the recent and
current values of the cell that I need to plot.

Joe- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated. I looked up (and
marked :-) your web site. Lots of good stuff there.

It looks like between your and Kelly's advice I should be able to
figure out something now.

Thanks again,

Joe