Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dr. Patrick Havel Dr. Patrick Havel is offline

Default Excel does not open file

Hi Gord,
thanks, it works!

Regards,
Patrick

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Patrick

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:53:01 +0100, "Dr. Patrick Havel"

wrote:

Hi *,

when I click in explorer (XP) on an filename.xls Excel2003 is launched but
does not open the file. When I open the file explicit (through file open)
everything is OK. What's wrong?
Thanks!
Patrick