Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Formula - if low=1; if med=2; if hi=3

Where does the "open" and "closed" come into the calculation?

RD

"PTimo" wrote in message
Hi- I have a column of data that has text of either L, M, or H. I am trying
to summarize totals from each category. I have a separate column where I
have manually coded each low as 1, med as 2, and hi as 3.

The "new" "open" and "closed" is calculated by the following formula:
=SUM(IF((F$2:F$41="New")*(G$2:G$41="L"),H$2:H$41))
which is why I think I need to return a value for the L, M, and H but
perhaps there is a better formula to use?

LOW new -
open 20.00
closed 7.00
MED new -
open 11.00
closed 2.00
HI new -
open -
closed -

Any recommendations? Thanks for your help!