Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Philip Drury Philip Drury is offline

Default Formatting question

Have tried this but it's not working, probably me I know! However, this will
just change the date cell the required colour - I really want to turn the row
the relevant colour? Any ideas?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#lights

Your formulae would be

=AND($A2<=TODAY(),$A2TODAY()-5)

=AND($A2<=TODAY(),$A2TODAY()-7)

=AND($A2<=TODAY(),$A2<"")

where A2 is the first cell being formatted

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Philip Drury" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where we are capturing customer contact. The first
column contains the date that the call came in, I want to format the table

make the row green if the date in column 1 is within 5 days from todays

date,
to turn amber if it goes over 5 days and red if it goes over 7 days. The
last column will contain the date that the query was completed, when a

date
is input into this field I want the row to 'grey' out. Can anyone

help????