Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Sort by color row

You cannot normally sort by cell formatting like colours or bold or italic.

What you did mention was that some rows namely SKE, EIO, UEE were the one in
red so in the new column put a key to say that it was one of the items and
then sort on the key and then the original items.

Please explain more. As the only other way is to use a macro to sort on the
colours but you need to also need to use a working column.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Jeff" wrote:

Martin,

I think you misunderstand my requirement. It should be sort by colour. All
the rows highlighted in colours should be group together.

Thanks.
Jeff

"Martin Fishlock" wrote:

The easiest way to do it is to add an extra column on the end and put the
following in it
=if(or(A1="SKE",A1="EIO",A1="UEE"),1,0)
copy it down

and then sort on column b and then a.

you can then use autofile to select those three items.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Jeff" wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel list where some rows or fields are highlighted in Red. How
do I sort and group all the rows highlighted in Red together ?

For example:
1 SKE
2 SDF
3 SOK
4 UEE
5 EIO
6 LKE
7 POE

SKE, EIO, UEE fields are highlight in Red. Sort in a way that SKE, EIO, UEE
will display in top 3 row. Thanks.
On the other hand, how do we sort if the text is highlighted in BOLD.