Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Using Formulas

The cell is probably formatted as text if yo see the formula rather
than the result. Select the cell and Format | Cells | Number (tab) and
then choose General and OK. Then double-click the formula bar as if to
edit the formula and then press Enter in order to activate the change
in format.

Your cell references will automatically adjust when you copy the
formula down - a quick way is to double-click the fill-handle. This is
the small black square in the bottom right corner of the cursor.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 1, 10:11 pm, creachter
wrote:
I am trying to use the VLOOKUP formula to automatically select the
corresponding region when a state is selected. I have a State drop
down in col D. And in col E I have the formula
=VLOOKUP(D2,RegionMap,2,false). In the formula editor it shows the
correct result, but the formula is displaying in the cell, not the
result. How do I get the result to display?

Also, how do I copy this formula down my column and have the references
adapt correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
creachter