Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] eastside877@yahoo.com is offline

Default Scatter chart for real-time tracking of a single cell value ?

Hi. I use Excel 2003. On a spreadsheet connected to a DDE data feed, I
have a cell containing an integer number that updates and changes
constantly during the day.

I would like to chart the number in that cell in real-time second by
second between certain hours of the day. I have been told that it may
be possible to use a scatter chart to do this but I have not been able
to make it work or to find useful help files. It seems to me that the
problem has to do with charting a single cell rather than a range but
I'm not sure.

Any practical advice or pointer to a "how-to" web site would be very
helpful.

Thanks in advance

Joe