Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Count if cell = a value

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="N"),--(B1:B10="0")) etc.

If you want to count the Ys and 0s, replace N above with Y.

Dave

"Vick" wrote:

I'm trying to find a way to count in a given set of data.
N 0
N 0
Y 0
Y 0
N 0
For example, in the above example. I'm try to find a formula that will look
at the Y an count the number of zeros. So the answer would be 2. Or if I was
doing N it would be 3. When I try todo an array I get 7, it is countying all
values not whether it is Y or N or if it even contains a zero. Any help would
be great.

Thanks

Vick