Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
galimi galimi is offline

Default Desperately needing furmula help

Fred,

I would also build an exclusion time period. In your example, 1/26/2007 5
PM and 1/29/2007 8 AM. When subtracting, you will get 2 days and 15 hours,
which you can subtract from your formula for the correct time.
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"Fred "Djinn" Holstings" wrote:

Hi,
I need to figure out how to add time while taking into consideration that
there are weekends and limited work hours. Here's what I have...

Row E13 Row F13 Row K13
01/26/2007 3:41 PM 01/29/2007 12:47 PM 2 days 21 hours 06 minutes
-- The formula for Row K13... =IF(F13<FALSE,F13-E13,"")

With respect to the length of time, the 27th and 28th were weekend days and
the normal work hours are from 8 to 5. How do I get the formula to subtract
the amount of time that the weekends and off-work hours constitute so that I
come up with a true and accurate amount of time that the user had expended?

Thanks So Much,
Fred "Djinn"