Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Bundy John Bundy is offline

Default Can I make a formula which follows a specific cell?

Name the cells you want, in the search box type name cells or cell reference
and you will se how to do this. If you name a cell say Team1Total then on
another sheet you could type =Sheet1!Team1Total and get the result no matter
where the named cell is.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"CJ" wrote:

Is there any way to make excel follow the contents of a cell?

I have a league table where the totals change as points are gained and
need a third table to collate the points from table one which is an
archive whos values no longer chnage and table two which is the
current league table where teams (and the respective cells in which
the points values reside) move up and down according to results.

If you require further info please do not hesitate to ask.