Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chart_Maker_Wonderer Chart_Maker_Wonderer is offline

Default Have a running total when an option is picked.

I am currently working on a sheet in Excel where the person using the excel
sheet can pick certain options from a drop down menu.

Ie (a drop down menu with options, 'Keyboard Missing, Keyboard broken')

I want to have it setup so it will display a total of how many cells have
something in them and might also have it were depending on the option picked
it will add to a seperate category.

IE Will have a column for keyboard, mouse, monitor. And if the user picks
Keyboard Missing it will add a 1 to the Total Number of Missing Equipment.