Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster pinmaster is offline

Default Date Calculations before date entered

Hi,

=IF(B5="","",B5+5)
=IF(B5="","",B5+13)

it simply states that if B5 is blank (represented by the double quotes) then
show blank.

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy

"Ma2Weir" wrote:

Ooookaay. I am a baby at this. B5 has todays date. I want to add 5 days to
that date for cell F5, 13 days to the date in B5 for cell G5 etc. COuld you
lay this out in, umm, simple terms? Thanks so much for your help.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

Surround your calculations in an If statement, as in

Fred

"Ma2Weir" wrote in message
I am creating a chart, that adds a varying number of days as you go across
the chart. I have entered formulas to add, and it works fine. EXCEPT...when
there is no starting date entered, all boxes are filled with data. I know it
adds from 01/01/00, but really don't want to see all these nonsensical dates.
I want a clean sheet that data shows up when I enter the baseline cell data.
Any suggestions?