Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George P George P is offline

Default Updating linked cells within a workbook, from worksheet to workshe

I run into the exact situation as #1 below. The settings for calculation are
set to auto, but i still have to double-click in one of the cells in order
for all to recalculate.

In an unrelated Excel problem, I have successfully built links in several
spreadsheets/workbooks, however, on occassion, cells do not update/refresh
upon opening and "updating". Sometimes I have to open the supporting sheets
or books, save them and then re-open my target sheet and select update, then
the values are updated. Why is this?

George P.

"notloiseweiss" wrote:

(Excel 2002) I have a 5G Excel workbook with around 40 worksheets in it.
Many of the sheets contain cells that refer to values in other sheets. I
recently found that some of the values were incorrect (I believe they were
just not updated). When I double clicked on the cell, gained access to the
formula and then hit enter, the cell updated. I'm wondering 2 things -

1) Under what circumstances will cells NOT automatically update? I thought
they always updated automatically as long as you're working within the same
workbook.

2) Is there a way that I can update all cells at once?