Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
kippers kippers is offline

Default Adjust X Axis Scale to Months/Days or Hours?

Nice one- thanks Andy

"Andy Pope" wrote:

For Hours you would need to use the xy-scatter chart.
Although the scale has Min and Max values you can enter dates and times.
The values will then be converted to serial date values for you.
So for example you could enter this values to get 12 hour intervals
through the days in January. The values in brackets are what the chart
converts them to when you re check the scale values.

Min: 1/1/2007 (39083)
Max: 31/1/2007 (39113)
Major: 12:00 (0.5)

Cheers
Andy

kippers wrote:
Cheers Andy- is there any way of going down to hourly level of detail- the
drop downs only seem to go down to daily?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

You need to force the axis to be Time Series.
Right click chart and pick Chart Options. On the Axis tab change the
scale type from Automatic to Time Series.

Cheers
Andy

kippers wrote:

When I right-click on the axis, I donlt seem to have the option of selcting
days/months or hours for the scale of the graph. I can only enter integer
values- any ideas??

Cheers

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel