Biff

Hi!

That formula will work but it's an array formula. When you
type it in instead of just hitting ENTER, you have to use
the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER.

Use this formula instead, normally entered:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A9="Bears"),--(B2:B9="1B"))

Or, even better:

In cell C1 enter the team name you're interested in. In
cell D1 enter the position you're interested in:

C1 = Bears
D1 = 1B

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A9=C1),--(B2:B9=D1))

Biff