Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Winters Courtesy Winters Courtesy is offline

Default Formula based on text value..

Hi-

I am trying to create a formula that is based on a text value. Pseudo code
is as follows:

If cell value for B3 is equal to "S&P" then cell value for B5 is equal to
B4*10

else if

the cell value for B3 is equal to "DOW" then cell value for B5 is equal to
B4/.25*12.50.

else if cell value is equal to "Nas100"......

Essentially, I am looking for something simlar to a switch statement in the
form of an excel formula. I am new to excel. What I have so far is:

=IF(OR(B3={"S&P","DOW","Nas100","Gold","Silver"}), ???, ???)

Thank you for your help in advance!

Nick