Jerry W. Lewis

If you subtract a start date from a finish date, you get the number of
days AFTER the start date, so add 1 to the result to get the number of
days INCLUDING the start date.

As Dave O. is pointing out, weekend days will be included in a simple
date subtraction, but are not usually counted in the amount of holidays
taken.

Jerry

Trainer wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with two date columns, a holiday start date and a
holiday finish date. I need to calculate the amount of holidays taken but if
I subtract one from the other, I get the wrong answer. Eg 01/01/05 and
10/01/05, would be 10 days taken, however the formula returns only 9. Any
ideas please.