Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phillr phillr is offline

Default Custom Formatting, for 8 digit time (timecode)

I'm using Excel 2000. For our company, we do alot of managing of video tape
materials. The timing within the videotape itself uses an 8 digit numerical
system. To help us keep track of the tapes, we have a big Excel spreadsheet
with each tape having 8 digit numerical data on it (trying to make it
sensible for people not familiar with video :D).

Essentially we are currently manually typing in these eight digit numbers
and, for example, we type this = 01:27:35:12

What i'd like to type is 01273512 and Excel will automatically add the
colons ":" in for me. If anybody could create a format cell custom formula
for me that'd be great! (e.g. i right click a cell - format cells - custom
- and input your wonderful formula).

Hopefully this can be done on Excel 2000