Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
traceye traceye is offline

Default Making Text into Numbers, for Pivot Table Cubes

Really hoping someone may be able to help me. Ive created a pivot table
which looks at an Access Database in the form of a Cube.

One field has numbers in, but when it comes through as a cube, it treats
these numbers as text.
So when I have a the rows as this field, they appear in text order,
eg. 1, 10, 100, 101, 2 etc (instead of 1,2, 3, 4 etc)

How can I get this field to be recognised as a number field in the pivot ?
(its a number field in the access database).

Ive applied a sort to the data where Ive made my own custom list, but this
is just a temporary fix.

Can i specifiy somewhere that this field is a number and should be treated
as such??

Really hope you can help! THanks