Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove Harlan Grove is offline

Default copying formula without scrolling 9000 rows

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote...
This is very helpful. I used to be able to do something similar when using
Lotus 123, but had not been able to make it work in Excel. One thing, I
can't seem to make the steps using Tab work What I did, for a smaller test
range, FWIW was:

You have Transition Navigation Keys enabled. With A1:A10 filled in
(none blank), B1 filled in but the rest of column B blank, B1:A1
selected with B1 the active cell, [Shift]+[End] [Shift]+[Down] selects
B1:A10 with Transition Navigation Keys enabled but B1:A65536 with
Transition Navigation Keys disabled. That is, 123-like [End],[arrow
key] sequences extend from the last cell in the selected range, in
this example from A1 down to A10. Excel-like [End], [arrow key] (or
[Ctrl]+[arrow key]) sequences extend from the first cell in the
selected range, in this example from B1 down to B65536. IMO, this is
one place Lotus got it right and Microsoft wrong - most users would
likely prefer the 123-like behavior.