Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Accrual Formula

Here is a partial model:

in A1 enter:
1/1/2007
In B1 enter a typical hire date
2/15/2002
In C1 enter:
=DATEDIF(B1,A1,"y")
In D1 enter:
=(C1<5)*0.83+(C1=5)*(C1<9)*1.25+(C1=9)*1.7

In A2 enter:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)

copy A2 down thru A12
copy B1 down thru B12
copy C1 down thru C12
copy D1 down thru D12

--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200703

"Corey H." wrote:

I've got a beauty for you.
From 0-4 years, the employees get 0.83 days accrued per month.
From 5-8 years, the employess get 1.25 days accrued per month.
9 and over years, they get 1.70 days per month.
I've currently got the worksheet to calculate starting from Jan 1st of each
year through December 31st, depending on the years they worked.

What I don't have is if they start in the middle of the year, how to
calculate accrued time.

Also, I've got it set up so that at todays date, if I've used more vacation
time than I've accrued, this is the amount that I have to pay back. However,
we also need to have it show 30 or 60 days from now in case the employee
gives notice.