Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default to call procedure in a worksheet in a module

My bet is that the worksheet name is PAW_INPUT. But that's not the codename of
the worksheet.

Open the VBE.
Hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer.
Expand all the objects under your project.

You'll see things like:
Sheet1(PAW_INPUT)

The Sheet1 is the codename. PAW_Input is the name the users see on the
worksheet tab in excel.

CAPTGNVR wrote:

WOW it was very quick--thnks. I tried and it gives error saying need
object

Call PAWY_INPUT.CBGROUP_Click

PAWY_INPUT IS THE SHEET NAME and CBGROUP_CLICK is the code in that
sheet. I was trying with exclamation after sheet name also and does
not work.

On Jan 31, 2:14 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
Try:

Call Sheet1.cb_print_click

Change "sheet1" to the codename for the worksheet that contains the
commandbutton.

And change
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Sub CommandButton1_Click()
(remove the word Private)

====
You may want to consider moving the code that does the printing to a general
module.

Then your code for the commandbutton would look like:

Option Explicit
Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Call PrintRoutineNameHere
End Sub

And your code in the general module could call that same routine (that's located
in that General module)

CAPTGNVR wrote:

DEAR ALL
I have a command button to which i hv written code to pritn the
report. (for ex: cb_print_click) which resides under excell objects.

In another module I have also written a procedure for updating the
report which resides in the modules. In this module i want to call the
procedure ' cb_print_click' which is in the worksheet, so that it
will lead to the printing part of the code. Pls sugest.--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson