Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lonnie Lonnie is offline

Default custom cell formating

Yes you got it...the numbers and/or letters may not always be the same but I
want the format to be a: number, number, letter, dash, dash,letter, letter....

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Lonnie

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Lonnie

If the letters will always be just D--TQ then follow Gary's Student's
suggestion.

If you want to create an input mask for any combination of letters then you
can't do it with cell formatting alone.

You would need VBA event code to do that.

Enter 74dqt and cell will display 74D--QT

Enter 74rst and cell will display 74R--ST

Is that what you want?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:23:01 -0800, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Just select all the cells and then perform the formating.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Lonnie" wrote:

followed you up to "D-TQ"....Ii want to be able to format the entire
spreadsheet with this format (number, number, letter, dash, dash, letter,
letter).

Thanks,

Lonnie

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Format Cells.. Number Custom
General"D-TQ"
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"Lonnie" wrote:

I want to create my own cell format like this format: 74D--TQ (the format
would have number, number, letter, dash, dash, letter, letter).
Can anyone help me create this type of format?