Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Copy and paste financial formulas

hi,
in your formula, don't use cell reletive references like A1.
use absolute references.....$A$1.
Reletive references change as you copy down or across, keeping the same
reletive reference no matter where you paste it.
Absolute references key on the same cell(s) anywhere you paste it.
Look up absolute and reletive references in help for for info.

Regards
FSt1

"Cliff" wrote:

I am building a financial forecast and have 10 columns representing years 1-10.
Functions such as IPMTand PPMT use the same base parameters such as PV,
Rate, NPer etc. and and in the forecast each builds on the results of the
year before.

How can I copy and paste the first year's formula into a row for each of the
remaining years and have the formula refer to its base parameters w/out
editing every formula's parameters over and over again?

XP 2003