Dave Peterson

I don't get that effect in xl2003.

You may want to post your version so that others can verify/help.

Ildhund wrote:

If I draw a rectangle (or AFAICS any other two-dimensional autoshape), copy
it, move to another cell and paste, the copy appears at the active cell. If
I do the same with a line, the copy appears as far away from the active cell
as the line I copied was from A1.
(1) Why?
(2) Is there any way I can get the line to appear at the active cell?

At the moment I am getting round the problem by using Ctrl+drag to place
copies. That's not so bad on a regular keyboard but it's a pain on my
laptop.
--
Noel

--