Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default order form

Hi Abe

Data Validation is the technique you want for showing dropdown lists.
On sheet2 in cells A1:A7 enter a,b,c,d,e,f,g and in B1:B7 enter h
through m.
InsertNameDefineList1 Refers to =Sheet2!$A$1:$A$7
.....................................List2 Refers to =Sheet2!$B$1:$B$7

On Sheet1, mark the range of cells in column B that you want the
dropdowns to have effect upon and then choose
DataValidation use dropdown on Allow to select ListSource
=IF(A1<51,List1,List2)

The best source of further advice on setting up Data Validation is Debra
Dalgleish's site

As far as picking up your prices is concerned, it depends how your price
list is set up.
But a combination of Index and Match will locate Number and Style to
bring up the associated value.
You will find more help on this on Debra's site at

Post back with details of how your price list is et up if you get stuck
and need more help.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Abe" wrote in message
help please....

i am trying to create an order form. normally this would be easy
enough...item price x quanity etc, but there are some other variables.
allow me to explain....

1. let's say we are selling products 1 2 3 etc all the way to 250.

2. let's say that products 1 through 50 only should display options
(styles) of a b c d e f and g, while products 51 -100 should display
options (styles) of h i j k l m etc.

I was hoping the two things above could be in drop down boxes...
so..for example..a customer orders product 22, only the a to g options
or styles are shown.

Now..to complicate things a buit further, each style would have a
different price associated with it.

I was thinking somehow to have the products listed in a drop down
box...and depending on the product selected, would evoke some sort of
condition (If product = 22, display options a-g..where the options or
styles are maybe in an external file?

Does this make sense?

Hope so :)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And please be gentle...I'm a
newbie...but then you probably know that already by the way I asked :)

Thaks in advance,
Abe