Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
galimi galimi is offline

Default Vlookup if 0 then POA

Obwan,

You should be able to use an IF statement to test your VLOOKUP

=If(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)=0,"POA",VLOOKUP (A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE))

--
http://HelpExcel.com

"Obwan" wrote:

How do I set the result field to POA if Zero is returned when I use Vlookup?
I am working on a pricebook. When there is no price I would like to insert
POA (or even just a blank) I need to retain the vlookup formula.
In cell B1 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE)
In cell C1 I enter =IF(B:B=0,"POA",B:B)
How can I combine these 2 formulas so the final result is in B1 and there is
no need for C1.

Thank you