Dave Peterson

But those aren't empty cells to excel. They contain formulas that evaluate to
"".

I think I'd copy the non-blank cells to a different worksheet and save from
there.

(But lots of times, this kind of stuff doesn't cause any damage to the importing
program. Are you sure it matters?)

Garrett wrote:

I have an XLS worksheet that copies cells from a different worksheet in the
same workbook using the following function "=T(UPPER(<other worksheet
name!<other worksheet cell)). The formula is copied throughout the
worksheet using relative cell reference. When I save the worksheet as a csv
file all of the records that have no data are also saved. What I end up with
in the csv file looks something like this:
data,data,data,data,
,,,,

How do I tell Excel to not save the empty rows?

--

Dave Peterson