Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

Default Display Monday or Thursday

I'm looking for a formula that will display the dates as indicated
below. So if my date in cell A1 is 3-16-2007 in B1 I want to see
3-19-2007 which is Monday, the same is true for the next line, but the
last line which would be A3 date of 4-3-2007 in B3 I need to see
4-05-2007 which is Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 3/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 2/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 4/05/2007 (Thursday)

On Jan 29, 2:15 pm, "Pete_UK" wrote:
Select one of the cells and click Format | Cells | Number (tab) |
Custom and enter this in the panel:

mm/dd/yyyy (Dddd)

and click OK. If this is what you want then you can use the Format
Painter to apply the format to your other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 8:01 pm, "Deb" wrote:

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -