Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default how to create function

For the first question: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"900000000")

For the second question: =IF(LEFT(A1,2)="f",LEFT(A1,2),"")

I don't understand the third question.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"galimi" wrote:

For the first function, you could write something similar to the following:

public function numFind(rng as range)
for each cl in rng.cells
if cl.value 900000000 then
iCount=iCount+1
end if
next
numFind = iCount
end function
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"bsatstudent5" wrote:

How can I create a function to pick out a selection of numbers that is
greater than 900,000,000?

How can I create a function to pick out the second letter of a last name if
the second letter is an "f"?

How can I create a function to pick out a name if the name does not contain
a lastname, first initial of the first name?