Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gramps gramps is offline

Default Can't use Conditional formatting

Thanx for the quick response but unfortunately I didn't make it clear that
these 4 format colours are in addition to the standard font if none of the of
the other conditions apply so there is in fact a 5th choice of entry. Sorry
but my fault entirely.
Thanx again for your help
--
Al

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

You can use conditional formatting if those are the only 4 possibilities.

Use a regular cell format to formatt all entries with red font for instance,
then use CF for the green, blue and orange options

"gramps" wrote:

I have a cell in my worksheet that can have 4 alternative entries and I would
like each to be entered using a diferent font colour. Obviously I can't use
conditional formatting as you can only have up to 3 conditions. I have tried
using a lookup list but this only returns the correct entry but does not copy
the font colour.
An example of what I need is as follows:-
Entry Colour
"Rest" Red
"WRD" Green
"Sick" Blue
"Hols" Orange
Any suggestions as to a way round would be gratfully received

--
Al