Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lori Lori is offline

Default Probability Win x Races, Win Exactly x Races, Etc.

I think you would need a math or stats program for this...

If the probabilities of winning individual races are different
(0.2,0.3,..,0.5) then the probability of winning n races p(n) would be
given by:

(0.8 + 0.2x)(0.7 + 0.3x)...(0.5 + 0.5x) = 1 + p(1)x + p(2)x² + p(3)x³
+ ...

On Jan 28, 4:24 pm, "RiTSo" wrote:
Mike Middleton wrote::: For a specific total number of "trials," use the BINOMDIST
worksheet
:: function to determine number of "successes" or the cumulative
number.

Looking at the details of the BINOMDIST function it would seem to be
along the right line for what we require, although I have to admit
that it was somewhat over my head!

I think I might have to have a read over it and see what I can do.

Thank you for the pointer.

--
RiTSo