Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Weaver Ron Weaver is offline

Default Last non blank cell in selected cells

I will try to make this a little more clear. On week one I will put a figure
in A1. I want this figure to show in B1. On week two I will put a figure in
A5. Now I want this figure to show in B1. On week three I will put a figure
in A10. Now I want this figure to show in B1, etc. To complicate things,
there will be other values in A2,A3,A4,A6,A7,A8,A9.

"T. Valko" wrote:

=IF(COUNT(A1:A20)<5,A1,MAX(IF(MOD(ROW(A1:A20),5)=0 ,A1:A20)))

That returns the max value from the specified cells, not the last value from
the specified cells. Also, what if A10 is the only entry in the range?

Biff

"Teethless mama" wrote in message
=IF(COUNT(A1:A20)<5,A1,MAX(IF(MOD(ROW(A1:A20),5)=0 ,A1:A20)))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"Ron Weaver" wrote:

Is it possible to specify a group of cells like A1,A5,A10,A15,A20, and
have
Excel find the last non blank cell in the group? These are numeric values
that update a report weekly.
Thanks