Trevor Shuttleworth

Linda

if the number were in cell A11, for example, one way to get the values into
cells B11, C11, etc is:

=MID($A11,COLUMN()-1,1)

Put the formula in B11 and drag across

That does put the decimal point in so it might not be exactly what you want.

To lose the decimal point, try:

=IF(COLUMN()-1<FIND(".",$A11),MID($A11,COLUMN()-1,1),MID($A11,COLUMN(),1))

Regards

Trevor

"Linda H." <Linda wrote in message
If the answer to a formula is 123.45 and I want to then break that number
up
so that each digit goes into a different cell....

ie.... 1 goes in one cell, 2 goes in the next cell, 3 goes in the next
cell, I can skip the decimal, 4 goes in the next cell and 5 goes in the
last
cell.

What I am trying to do is take the answer to the formula and make it
appear
on a printed form with each digit in a separate box......

Also, my answer might be in the thousands or only in the hundreds, what
will
appear in the emply boxes. I have attempted using (right) and (left) but
don't know how to pick only one number. and i don't know what to do with
the
empty boxes. Any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks Linda H.