Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Looking for a macro/function in an excel spreadsheet (Help)

=MAX(A1, D1, T1, AA2, AB3)
=MIN(A1, D1, T1, AA2, AB3)
--
David Biddulph

"Keith (Southend)" wrote in message
(Note: Please point me to the correct forum if this isn't the correct
place for this question)

I'm looking for a macro or something that I can place in a cell that will
look at 2 or more (Max 12) cells and return 1. Maximum number, 2. Minimum
number.

Max
eg: 12.5 13.5 14.5 15.6 12.5 11.5 returns 15.6

Min
eg: 12.5 13.5 14.5 15.6 12.5 11.5 returns 11.5

All the cells are in the same row, but NOT every column of the row wants
to be looked at, it maybe cells A1, D1, T1, AA2, AB3 etc (Other data is in
the other cells that I do not want to look at)

Basically, the data is derrived from a csv file which I import into excel,
the data is weather information containing elements such as max and min
temperature, wind gusts etc, all taken from different synop times 03, 06,
09, 12 hours etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

If I need to make myself clearer please e-mail me on the address below
replacing at with @ and dot with .

Thanks
--
Keith (Southend)