Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions
Tim Otero Tim Otero is offline

Default if function

Hey Richard,

I can think of several ways to do this. One would be to type all the
possibilities into the 50 cells just above the desired cell, then hide
the rows. A more elegant way would be to follow Debra Dalgleish's advice:

HTH

tim

Richard wrote:
How do you folks write this function if cell A1=B1, then cell D1=C1?

I created a list for 50 states, but I don't want to use the drop down arrow
to select the state I want, I want to select Texas by just type in Te, then
the rest letters (axas) will appear. The same way for washington state,
just type the first few letters of state, and the rest will appear. Is
there a way that excel allows us to do this?