Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gatsby Gatsby is offline

Default I WantTo Get Rid Of #Value

I tried to copy and paste the formula into a cell but it moves rows and shows
the formula vertically down the column.

Gatsby (Not ThE Great)

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(ISNUMBER(L14),MAX(0,L14-M14),"")

Biff

"Gatsby" wrote in message
David, you're right .I have text in L14: =IF(H14="","",H14*0.2)
But your solution is working for me, thanks. However N14 cannot have a
value
less than zero and this will arise if L14 is less than M14. What do I do
return a '0' in N14 should this arise?
Thanks in advance,

Gatsby (not The Great)

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If you're getting #VALUE in N14 you've probably got some text in L14,
perhaps just a space.
Try =IF(ISNUMBER(L14),L14-M14,"")
--
David Biddulph

"Gatsby" wrote in message
I want Cell N14 to complete ONLY when the entry is made in Cell L14.
Otherwise I want it blank. If I don't have anything in Cell L14, I'm
getting
#VALUE, in N14. This continues all the way down to Column N60, until I
make
an entry in the 'L's'.

This is the formula I'm using which is obviously wrong:
=IF(L14<=0,0,(L14-M14))
Help please?

Gatsby (Not The Great)